As you or your kids return back to school, know that Satan has declared war on them, you, and your family. He wants to short-circuit your dream and destiny. He wants to cause you heartache and disappointment. He doesn't want you to do just enough to get by. He wants you to fail in your assignments. The Bible says, "Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you. Be sober and vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour" 1 Peter 5: 6-8. Don't expect him to come at you with a tail and pitchfork. Don't expect him to look like those so-called "friendly" vampires or wolves on the Twilight and True Blood series. The Bible says, "And no wonder! For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light" 11 Corinthians 11:14. In other words, he may come looking like one of the good guys. He will do whatever it takes to deceive you. Do not be afraid. Satan has power, but he does not have all power: The Bible says in James 4:7, "Submit unto God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you."
Satan's (Lucifer's) Original Position:
Lucifer had unparalleled position in the universe. He was highly previledged, the epitome of God's creation (Ezek28:12-17).
- He had unparalleled wisdom and beauty (v.12).
- He had unparalleled habitation (vs. 13-14). He was on the holy mountain of God and walked in the midst of the stones of fire.
- He had unparalleled function (v. 14) He was an anointed cherubim. Anointed cherubims were associated with guarding the holiness of God (Gen. 3:24), with the throne of God (Ezek. 1:15), and with the actual presence of God. Lucifer was the chief guardian of God's holiness and majesty. He was also referred to as God's worship leader.
- He had unparalleled perfection (Ezek 28:15). He was perfect in the sense of being completedly sound and having total moral integrity.
Isaiah points to the five "I Wills" coming from the proud and boastful heart of Satan that describe the nature of his aspiration (Isaiah 14:12-15). He pitted his will against God's will. These five statements reveal not only his intentions, but Satan's program as long as he is free to walk the universe.
- I will ascend to heaven (v13). There are three different spheres of heaven. The atmospheric heaven around the earth. The stellar heavens, the stars and galaxies. The heaven of heavens, or the Third Heaven which represents God's abode, God's throne or the seat of God's sovereign authority, the place of God's rule. The creature wanted to expell the Creator; the servant wanted to become the served.
- I will raise my throne above the stars of God (v13). Job 38:7 gives us a clue to the meaning of the phrase "stars of God," "When the morning stars sang together and all the sons of God shouted for joy." While this could refer to the heavenly bodies that illuminate the night, this mostly likely refers to Satan's desire to exalt himself over the angelic kingdom as God.
- I will sit on the mount of the assembly of the recesses of the north (v13). Often in Scripture, mountains and hills refer to authority or right to rule. This describes Satan's desire to rule over the affairs of the entire created universe.
- I will ascend above the heights of the clouds (v14). Clouds are often associated with God's glory and presence, "And it came to pass, as Aaron spake unto the whole congregation of the children of Israel, that they looked toward the wilderness, and behold, the glory of the Lord appeared in the cloud" (Ex. 16:10). Satan express the desire to to usurp the glory that belonged to God.
- I will make myself like the Most High (v14). Satan wanted to be responsible to no one but himself. He wanted to take the very place of God.
Hip hop artist Lil Wayne has a song called "She Will" featuring Drake. In it he says, “I’m all about “I.” Give the rest of the vowels back!” When I first heard "She Will," and that line in the song, I immediately thought about the five "I Wills" of Satan. Satan is tricking our young people, and many of us into believing we can ascend to the top, we can be like God and we can do it all by ourselves. Young people don't want to listen to advice and wise counsel. They don't want to listen to instruction. Why? It's all about the "I". They think just because they have "I," their iphone, and ipad and the latest igadget, they don't need anyone or anybody else because they've got knowledge and knowledge is power.
Compare and contrast "The Five I Wills of Rebellion" in Isaiah 14 with "The Five I Wills of Obedience" in Psalm 9:
- I will praise thee, O Lord, with my whole heart; (v1a)
- I will show forth all thy marvelous works (v1b)
- I will be glad and rejoice in thee; (v2a)
- I will sing praise to thy name, O thou Most High. (v2b)
- I will rejoice in thy salvation. (v14b)
Follow Jesus Saves Ministries:
Social Network: Jesus Saves Social Network