In an upcoming post, I will elaborate on the following links and the work Jesus Saves Ministries is doing to help former felons in Kentucky regain their civil rights, including the right to vote.
"Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so thatI will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel" Ephesians 6:19.
Ann Brock at This Old Black Church Blogwas nice enough to bless me with the Noblesse Oblige Award. Below are the comment I left on Annie's blog on April 28th:
"Thank you so much for thinking of the Jesus Saves Ministries Blog! You have made my day. On Sunday, April 26th, I celebrated my 17th year as a member of St. Stephen Church, and yesterday, April 27th, the day you gave me the award, I celebrated the 2nd anniversary of my initial sermon. This is the icing on the cake! Congratulations to you, too! You inspire me to keep on keeping on in the name of Jesus!
April 28, 2009 10:30 AM "
Jesus Saves Gangsters, Too!
Miracle On the Ohio
Civil Rights Restored to 11 Former Felons
NAACP Effort Helps Former Felons
THE NOBLESSE OBLIGE AWARD Criteria for receiving this award:
- The Blogger manifests exemplary attitude, respecting the nuances that pervades amongst different cultures and beliefs.
- The Blog contents inspire; strives to encourage and offers solutions.
- There is a clear purpose at the Blog; one that fosters a better understanding on Social, Political, Economic, the Arts, Culture and Sciences and Beliefs.
- The Blog is refreshing and creative.
- The Blogger promotes friendship and positive thinking.
THE RULES:The Blogger who receives this award will need to perform the following steps:Create a Post with a mention and link to the person who presented the Noblesse Oblige Award.The Award Conditions must be displayed at the Post.Write a short article about what the Blog has thus far achieved – preferably citing one or more older post to support.The Blogger must present the Noblesse Oblige Award in concurrence with the Award conditions.