1. What year was the Civil Rights Bill passed? 19642. Who was A. Phillip Randolph? Originator of the March on Washington idea. He organized the first march in 1941, The March On Washington for Participation in National Defense. He was also president of the Pullman Porters. Randolph called off the first march due to President Roosevelt's issuing of Executive Order 8802 which forbade racial and religious discrimination in war industries, government training programs and government industries.
3. What two events in 1955 gave birth to the Civil Rights Movement? The death of Emmett Till in Money, Mississippi, and the arrest of Rosa Parks for refusing to give up her seat to a white man on a Montgomery, Alabama bus.
4. Who was Anna Arnold Hedgeman? She was the lone woman on the Central Administrative Committee of the March on Washington, the planning committee. She was responsible for Daisy Bates' Tribute to Negro Women Fighters for Freedom being added to the March on Washington program schedule.
5. Name one of three women who provided musical numbers at the March on Washington? Marian Anderson, Eva Jessye and Mahalia Jackson.
6. What church assembled more than 80,000 cheese sandwiches, and packed each bag with a sandwich, marble cake and an apple? Three hundred volunteers at the Riverside Church in New York City. They put all those sandwiches in a refrigerated truck at 4:00 a.m., the morning of the March.
7. Who was Medgar Evers? Mississippi NAACP leader and first martyr of the Civil Rights Movement. He was murdered outside his home in Jackson, Mississippi on June 11, 1963.
8. Name the six black organizers of the March On Washington? A. Phillip Randolph, Martin Luther King, Jr., Roy Wilkins, John Lewis, Whitney Young, and James Farmer.
9. Name the four white organizers of the March On Washington? Mathew Ahmann, Dr. Eugene Carson Blacke, Rabbi Joachim Prinz, and Walter Reuher.
10. Name the four women recognized by Daisy Bates at the March on Washington? Diane Nash Bevel, Rosa Parks, Gloria Richardson, and Mrs. Herbert Lee.
Like A Mighty Stream: The March On Washington, August 28, 1963 by Patrik Henry Bass.
Remember, it is not Mohammad, Buddha, Confucius, nor New Age that saves. Jesus Saves! Jesus Saves Ministries Celebrating 8 Years of Lifting Up Jesus Christ!