Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Tavis Smiley To Speak At Canaan Christian Church

By: Angela Lee Price
I call him my “boo!” I loves me some Tavis Smiley, and I want the world to know he’s coming to Louisville. Acclaimed author, talk show host, and commentator Tavis Smiley will be speaking at a luncheon on Friday, May 5th at the conference, Destiny 2006: Creating An Agenda for Change at Canaan Christian Church, 2840 Hikes Lane.

Tavis puts a "smiley" on my face whenever I see his face or hear his voice. He is a man full of faith, and it is evident in all that he does that Jesus Christ is his Lord. I am proud of Tavis particularly for the work that he has done with the State of the Black Union summits on C-Span in creating a national platform for African American dialogue and agenda building, and for his role in bringing to completion the latest best-selling collaborative project, Covenant With Black America.

Canaan Church pastor Dr. Walter Malone says the purpose of Destiny 2006 is to “address four critical areas of concern: education, economics, health, and violence by providing the facts and executing specific goals in each area of concern.” The luncheon is from 12:30—2:00 p.m. The cost is $50 per person. Call the church at 459-5578 for additional information. Tavis Smiley, a man with a handsome "smiley" face, a big heart, and a lot of love for African Americans, gets my vote as a man who's keeping the faith.
Remember, it is not Buddha, Confucius, Muhammad, nor New Age that saves. Jesus saves!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...